Using Read-Alouds with Critical Literacy Literature in K-3 Classroom
Critical Literacy Enhancing Students Comprehension of Text
A blog to share some resources and thoughts relating to my experiences teaching (and learning from) students from Pre-Kindergarten to College
The Dimensions of Critical Literacy
Strategies for Close Reading and Critical Reflection
What is Critical Literacy? Strategies to promote its use in the classroom.
25 Read Alouds to Scaffold Critical Literacy
What does Critical Literacy Look Like in the Classroom? Strategies, Resources & Articles for Critical Literacy
Social Justice Songs
This article outlines the history and theory of critical literacy and details its application in the classroom.
- http://k-12medialiteracy.blogspot.ca/2010/05/critical-literacy-activity.htmlThis blog is intended to explore the concept of media literacy and offer suggestions as to how it can be implemented in the k-12 classroom.
Activities in Classrooms that Engage in Critical Literacy
The Foundation and Center for Critical Thinking aim to improve education in colleges, universities and primary through secondary schools.
- http://apps.reading.org/search/svc/submitquery?query=critical+literacy&advanced=1Professional Resources
An on-demand internet broadcast on critical literacy as it is practiced and talked about in different spaces and places. (Vivian Vasquez)
What is Critical Literacy? Why should it be taught? How should it be taught?
Critical Literacy Website
This site gives teachers lots of ideas of how to use critical literacy in their classrooms.
Key Questions for Critical Literacy
- http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/lesson-plans/wolf-analyzing-point-view-23.htmlLesson Plan – The Big Bad Wolf: Analyzing Point of View in Texts
Vivian Vasquez’s blog on Critical Literacy
- Who is named in the medium? Who is missing?
- Which viewpoint is represented? Which viewpoint is ignored?
- What does the author intend by the piece? What does the author want you to think?
- What are the alternative views?
- How could this piece promote freedom from bias?
- Classroom Activities focusing on Critical Literacy (3)
- Critical Literacy Links (3)
- Key Critical Literacy Questions for Teachers & Students (3)
- Professional Resources for the Critical Literacy Teacher (5)
- Quotes (4)
- Social Media (14)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Understandings & Self-Reflections (1)
- Using Children's Picture Books as a Vehicle for Critical Literacy (5)
- Videos (5)
- RT @MereOnATear: Molly is still missing. Please RT. #pei #helpinglostpets helpinglostpets.com/petdetail/?id=… https://t.co/F6o7WbSpgI 3 weeks ago
- Please RT #pei twitter.com/mereonatear/st… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MereOnATear: A big reason why I love SLC vs parent-teacher interviews: "I get to shape my own life and it starts here at school." https… 3 weeks ago
- 2,551 hits